OneSchool Global Victoria
CHILD SAFE STATEMENT
OneSchool Global Victoria is committed to the protection and wellbeing of all students whilst participating in school activities both during and outside school hours.
Staff have responsibility for building and maintaining a child safe environment.
This responsibility extends to the identification and timely response to all concerns with regard the safety of any student of OneSchool Global Victoria.
At OneSchool Global Victoria the health, safety and wellbeing of all young people is the highest priority. As a school we have a commitment to protecting students which is reflected in our policies and practices.
Our policies, practices and procedures aim to ensure that at OneSchool Global Victoria we:
- Screen prospective employees prior to appointment
- Will not tolerate any inappropriate behaviour towards children under any circumstances
- Will train our staff and community volunteers in the area of child safe policies and expectations
- Encourage and expect open communication in relation to child safe practices and the reporting of unacceptable behaviour by anyone at any time
- Will respond appropriately if ever accusations of improper behaviour are reported to management
- Will do our best to always protect our young people from harm or abuse
OneSchool Global Victoria policies include:
*All school policies are available upon request at your local campus
Our teaching staff are required to:
- have current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching which includes a national criminal history check, adhere to the terms of our Code of Conduct
- complete the online ‘Bravehearts’ training program addressing child protection
- understand and act in accordance with the important responsibility they have to protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, bullying and exploitation either by our personnel or that occurs outside the school environment
- create and maintain a child safe culture
OneSchool Global Victoria recruitment of new employees – all advertisements, recruitment practices and employee records checks are aimed at ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our students at all times.