Privacy and your personal data
It applies to Information collected by us, or provided by you, over our website at www.oneschoolglobal.com (“Website“) or in any other way (such as over the telephone or in an email). It is also intended to assist you in making informed decisions when using our Website. Please take a minute to read and understand the policy.
Using our website
This website is operated by OneSchool Global Limited and affiliated schools, whose registered address is The Precinct, Level 6 10 Herb Elliott Avenue Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127 (“We”) are committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
This policy sets out how we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our website. Please read the following carefully to understand what happens to personal data that you choose to provide to us, or that we collect from you when you visit this site. By visiting our website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What Information do we collect
When you visit our Website you may provide us with personal information such as name, address, email address and phone number (“Information“). You may provide us with Information in a number of ways:
- by supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by completing a “Contact” form on our Website; or
- by corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type and the geographical location of your computer, for system administration. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
How do we use the Information that you provide to us?
We use your Information in the following ways:
- To correspond with you when you have contacted us using the “Contact” form on the Website; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device.
In limited circumstances we may pass your Information to other third-party organisations:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection.
Information we automatically collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site including troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
- security and debugging as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
How can you access your Information?
You are entitled to access Personal Information that we holds about you. If you request access to your Personal Information we will grant your request unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or would not be otherwise permitted under the Legislation. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information we will provide you with reasons for the refusal
A request for access can be done in any of the following ways to the Privacy Officer and data controller:
Telephone: tel: +611300760360
Post to: The Precinct, Level 6 10 Herb Elliott Avenue Sydney Olympic Park, NSW 2127
Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Where we store your personal data
We do not rent or sell personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies. We do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies although we may on occasion store personal information on third party ‘cloud computing’ sites
We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional/national institutions and authorities, unless required by law or other regulations.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Like most standard websites We use website statistic packages such as Google Analytics to analyze trends in how our Website is accessed and utilized. Information monitored includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, geographic location of visitors (country, city), browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, time spent on pages, and keywords used to find our site via search engines. This information is anonymous and cannot be directly linked to individual users. We may use it to identify high-use or low-use areas of the site, pinpoint problem areas of the site, analyze broad demographic trends in our visitors, and make decisions about how to make it easier for people to find and navigate our website.
We maintain the highest standards of security; however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data during transit to our Website. Any information you submit is sent at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party sites
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website.
For further details on cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org where you can find comprehensive information on cookie restriction and blocking for a wide variety of browsers.
- We use both first party and third party cookies. That is, both we and third party companies (for example, Google) set cookies through this Website.
- We use “analytical” cookies which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the Website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that we can improve our Website and better serve our users and clients.
- We do not generally store any personal information that is collected via our cookies.
- A full list of our cookies can be found below.
By using our Website, you are deemed to consent to our use of the cookies described above.
- Refusing Cookies
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies (see below for further details). Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
- You may also delete cookies at any time by going to the browsing settings on your web browser.
- For details about how to adjust your cookie settings in the following browsers, please visit the relevant link:
Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
Chrome – http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Safari – http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Here is a list of the cookies we use, their purpose and how long they will remain on your computer
Name of Cookie
Purpose – why we or third parties set the cookie and what we do with the information collected
Duration – How long the cookie(s) are stored on your computer
Session cookies have a 30 minutes expiration time interval. However, cookies used to determine unique visitors to our site expire 2 years from set/update
Updated: 9 April 2019